Have a great idea for your business that could be turned into an app? Wondering how to turn that idea into a useable tool?
Did you know customers are more likely to engage with and buy from you more often when you have an app? Your app should be personal and create a branded experience that's unique to your customers!
This is great! So how exactly do you start? There's so much information out there about creating apps but we're gonna break the stages down for you.
CRAFTING THE IDEA
- 1. So you’ve thought of building the app. The next thing you have to do is define your goals for the app and make sure it aligns with your business goals. Is your app going to be used to improve customer relationships? Are you trying to reward loyal customers in a new way? Or are you creating a new digital service offering to your customers?
- 2. Figure out what features you want your app to have. Make a list of the top 20 features you think your customers would want. Then ask them! Your best research will come from asking your customers what they expect from your app.
- 3. Do your research! Look at competitors’ apps (if applicable) and see what their customers have to say about it. Look at the reviews, what people like, what they don’t like, what they want to be improved, etc., and use that to benchmark your app.
to book your consultation with us
MAKING THE APP
- 1.Before you approach the software team, come up with a rough budget breakdown of what your company can afford to invest in the app. Be mindful of recurring maintenance expenses on top of the initial app investment. Gyroscopic’s pricing is catered for small and medium-sized enterprises so you can bring your ideas to life without breaking the bank.
- 2.Now that you’ve done all of your research and have your ideas ready to go, you need to find a software company to create the app for you. Do your research here too and make sure you get a team that will see your vision all the way through. If this is your first time investing in this kind of technology, or you aren’t particularly tech-savvy, be sure to look for software studios that specialize in working with small and medium-sized businesses. That is the best way to make sure that you’ll stay on budget, and that you’ll be educated throughout the process as they’re experienced with working with non-technical people.
- 3.Refine your idea. Contact our team for a free consultation and we will book a 30-minute call with you to discuss your idea and determine if we think the project is the right fit for you! Then our team will work with you over a short series of calls to refine your idea. This process usually takes between 2-4 calls with our experts to help you turn your ideas into an action plan. We break down your idea and tell you what pieces make the most sense moving forward and give our perspective on additional options catered to your wants and needs. There is a lot of refining of the idea with our team before we move to price it out and developing it.
- 4.At the end of this phase, you’ll be presented with a breakdown of time & expense for developing your project with lots of flexible options to facilitate your budget & cashflow
- 5.Once you’ve decided on the best course of action, and signed the paperwork, this is when the software team starts building your app. We’ll keep you posted on the progress of your app.
MARKET YOUR APP
- 1.While the software team starts bringing your idea to life you have to market your app! You want to let customers know about your app before it hits the app market.
- 2.Create a mobile marketing strategy to let your customers on mobile know about this. Offer some sort of incentive for the first couple of followers to download the app.
- 1.Your app is ready to be released onto the app market! Choose a day and key up a formal launch. Remember for different app stores there are specific requirements.
- 2.Implement feedback from your users and update the app to make sure you’re still providing value to your customers.
- 3.Make sure you have the resources and a team to maintain your product. Apart from the money invested in building a digital product, keep in mind that its a long-term commitment. Gyroscopic also offers long-term maintenance packages to ensure that your app is taken care of.
Building an app doesn’t have to be scary! Get out of your own way! If you want your idea to reach your audience you need to just go for it.